Capitol Police prepare for Sept. 18 rally, lawmakers invited

Moderators: Gamle-ged, Boadicea, uncledad

Forum rules
This is a heavily moderated forum. Should you see a post that is a one line zinger (not related to topic) or it becomes derailed (offshoots of a related topic are fine) or there is a post simply breaking the TOS, please notify a mod/admin and it will be removed.

Should you choose to set up a formatted political debate, do so as follows. Choose a topic and a poster with which to spar. Each poster takes a side. Each poster gets an opening, then a rebuttal, then a bit of back and forth. During that time ONLY the two posters are allowed in that thread.

When the debate is over, the general membership can comment and decide a winner.

Follow the guidelines listed below:

Each post has a minimum word requirement of 100 words. Check your count here: https://wordcounter.net

-No insults allowed at all

-ALL posts must have citations. If someone requests a citation you must provide. The source you decide to use is up to you.

-Low effort posts (copypastas, long quotes from articles (small quotes are fine for citations provided you have your own commentary, videos without your own commentary) will either be deleted or moved

Breaking any of these rules will result in you being temporarily muted from this forum section.
uncledad

Capitol Police prepare for Sept. 18 rally, lawmakers invited

Unread post by uncledad »

The Capitol Police department is preparing for potential violence at a Sept. 18 protest that members of Congress have been invited to attend.

The organization Look Ahead America — led by Matt Braynard, a former Trump campaign employee — requested a permit for up to 500 people to demonstrate at noon Sept. 18 in Union Square for a so-called #JusticeForJ6 rally.

The event is intended to support those arrested as a result of storming the Capitol on Jan. 6 and to call for justice for a rioter who was fatally shot that day. More than 570 defendants have been arrested in connection with the attack, according to the Department of Justice.

“Though outwardly Matt Braynard has instructed attendees to remain peaceful, given the propensity for this group to attract domestic extremists, their support for the insurrectionists, and their continued challenges to democratic institutions, it is not unreasonable to plan for violent altercations with those associated with this demonstration,” a department assessment said.

https://www.rollcall.com/2021/09/08/cap ... s-invited/

++This might get some front page coverage.
SatansSon666

Re: Capitol Police prepare for Sept. 18 rally, lawmakers invited

Unread post by SatansSon666 »

uncledad wrote: September 8th, 2021, 5:48 pm The Capitol Police department is preparing for potential violence at a Sept. 18 protest that members of Congress have been invited to attend.

The organization Look Ahead America — led by Matt Braynard, a former Trump campaign employee — requested a permit for up to 500 people to demonstrate at noon Sept. 18 in Union Square for a so-called #JusticeForJ6 rally.

The event is intended to support those arrested as a result of storming the Capitol on Jan. 6 and to call for justice for a rioter who was fatally shot that day. More than 570 defendants have been arrested in connection with the attack, according to the Department of Justice.

“Though outwardly Matt Braynard has instructed attendees to remain peaceful, given the propensity for this group to attract domestic extremists, their support for the insurrectionists, and their continued challenges to democratic institutions, it is not unreasonable to plan for violent altercations with those associated with this demonstration,” a department assessment said.

https://www.rollcall.com/2021/09/08/cap ... s-invited/

++This might get some front page coverage.
I hope they all leave their guns home.
Dost thou even hoist, brother?
FOIA

Unread post by FOIA »

SatansSon666 wrote: September 8th, 2021, 6:45 pm I hope they all leave their guns home.
The police or the rally-goers?
FJB. When I die don't let me vote democrat.
SatansSon666

FOIA wrote: September 8th, 2021, 6:51 pm The police or the rally-goers?
Not the police. They need their guns to defend themselves or stop someone else from killing someone.
Public safety and shit.

Everyone that goes, except the police.
FOIA

Unread post by FOIA »

SatansSon666 wrote: September 8th, 2021, 6:54 pm Not the police. They need their guns to defend themselves or stop someone else from killing someone.
Public safety and shit.

Everyone that goes, except the police.
Only one person was shot on 1/6 - Ashli Babbitt. If police had left heir guns at home that day then she would still be alive.
FJB. When I die don't let me vote democrat.
SatansSon666

FOIA wrote: September 8th, 2021, 6:58 pm Only one person was shot on 1/6 - Ashli Babbitt. If police had left heir guns at home that day then she would still be alive.
"If the police had left their guns at home"

Holy fuck, dude.
uncledad

Unread post by uncledad »

SatansSon666 wrote: September 8th, 2021, 6:45 pm I hope they all leave their guns home.
DC cops and Capitol cops might want to even things up, given 1-6 ... It would be a really bad idea to come armed.
Vercingetorix

Unread post by Vercingetorix »

uncledad wrote: September 8th, 2021, 9:50 pm DC cops and Capitol cops might want to even things up, given 1-6 ... It would be a really bad idea to come armed.
Those who went to the capitol on 1-6 were not armed with firearms. One person was shot point blank by a capitol hill cop.

I worked there, I know how Barney Fife the cops at the capitol can be. So why SHOULDN'T Americans carry weapons and protect themselves from tyranny?