A look at the non-traditional prison where Kim Potter is placed

Moderator: uncledad

Forum rules
This is a heavily moderated forum. Should you see a post that is a one line zinger (not related to topic) or it becomes derailed (offshoots of a related topic are fine) or there is a post simply breaking the TOS, please notify a mod/admin and it will be removed.
uncledad

A look at the non-traditional prison where Kim Potter is placed

Unread post by uncledad »

Kim Potter, 49, was led away in handcuffs and ordered to be held without bail ahead of her sentencing in February after being found guilty on all counts at Hennepin County Court on Thursday.

She was then transferred to Minnesota Correctional Facility - Shakopee, a five-level security prison located about 25 miles southwest of downtown Minneapolis.

The facility cares for about 650 female prisoners and offers a variety of in-prison programs designed to help in rehabilitation, according to Prison Fellowship. The inmates are invited to participate in a 5K runs, further their education and grow their relationship with God.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/a- ... ar-AAS6ukh

and...

Female prisoners have specific needs that differ from their male counterparts, and Warden Beltz is an advocate for gender-responsive programming in corrections. The women here at Shakopee have access to a variety of in-prison programming designed to help in rehabilitation. Programs like the Prison Fellowship Academy®, run by Prison Fellowship® staff and local volunteers.

Located in select prisons across America, the Academy takes men and women through classes that use evidence-based practices, proven curricula, and strong biblical foundations to tackle the roots of criminal behavior. Participants are guided by Prison Fellowship staff and volunteers to lead lives of purpose and productivity inside and outside of prison.

https://www.prisonfellowship.org/2019/0 ... d/#letters

About ... https://www.charitynavigator.org/ Gets a three star rating (501(c)(3) organization)

Prison Fellowship was founded in 1976 by Charles Colson, a former aide to President Nixon who served a seven-month sentence for Watergate-related crimes. Today the Christian nonprofit is the nation's largest outreach to prisoners, former prisoners, and their families, and a leading advocate for criminal justice reform.
Prison Fellowship brings restoration to those affected by crime and incarceration in all 50 states through in-prison programs that facilitate accountability, rehabilitation, and positive reentry; community programs that support children with incarcerated parents and those returning to communities; and by advocating for federal and state criminal justice reforms based on biblical values.

Finical https://www.prisonfellowship.org/wp-con ... ements.pdf

Charles Colson
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Colson
Nero

Re: A look at the non-traditional prison where Kim Potter is placed

Unread post by Nero »

In the 1980s I taught a course for the inmates at that prison.
uncledad

Nero wrote: January 16th, 2022, 4:07 pm In the 1980s I taught a course for the inmates at that prison.
The world is a smaller place thanks to the internet of things that peaks one's interest.
Nero

Unread post by Nero »

uncledad wrote: January 16th, 2022, 9:01 pm The world is a smaller place thanks to the internet of things that peaks one's interest.
My most vivid memory of the class was that I had made a joke about a true story that the dead body of a drug dealer had been found in the trunk of an abandoned car at the Minneapolis Airport. One of the best students in class got up and stormed out of the class and slammed the door as she left. After next week's class I asked her what had been wrong. She told me that the dead drug dealer in the trunk was her boyfriend.
uncledad

Nero wrote: January 16th, 2022, 10:15 pm My most vivid memory of the class was that I had made a joke about a true story that the dead body of a drug dealer had been found in the trunk of an abandoned car at the Minneapolis Airport. One of the best students in class got up and stormed out of the class and slammed the door as she left. After next week's class I asked her what had been wrong. She told me that the dead drug dealer in the trunk was her boyfriend.
Long term parking lots,there's more than one way to bury a body ...
Nero

Unread post by Nero »

uncledad wrote: January 17th, 2022, 11:44 am Long term parking lots,there's more than one way to bury a body ...
Yep.
Vercingetorix

Unread post by Vercingetorix »

Nero wrote: January 16th, 2022, 4:07 pm In the 1980s I taught a course for the inmates at that prison.
Propaganda 101.