The prosecution rests

Moderators: Gamle-ged, Boadicea

def_con5

The prosecution rests

Unread post by def_con5 »

Unbelievable, Bragg presented no evidence Trump falsified business records.
Here is what the book keeper said on cross.
I classified the payments to Mr. Cohen as legal expenses. We paid Mr. Cohen to negotiate an NDA with Daniels' attorney. That's legal work. Furthermore, he stated he never discussed or consulted with Trump regarding the ledger entries.
Charlie Mike

Re: The prosecution rests

Unread post by Charlie Mike »

Defense will move for a directed verdict. It will be denied. Then defense will begin its case.
Vercingetorix

Unread post by Vercingetorix »

def_con5 wrote: May 20th, 2024, 5:18 pm Unbelievable, Bragg presented no evidence Trump falsified business records.
Here is what the book keeper said on cross.
I classified the payments to Mr. Cohen as legal expenses. We paid Mr. Cohen to negotiate an NDA with Daniels' attorney. That's legal work. Furthermore, he stated he never discussed or consulted with Trump regarding the ledger entries.
I wonder if the case was brought simply to keep him from campaigning or was it a hail mary that the Trump team may have made an unforced error and pushed a conviction???

Or just get Stormy on the stand to talk about the encounter. Hoping the salacious would turn off his voters???
def_con5

The defense has announced Costello is their final witness (today, cross, redirect, and closing arguments). Should go to the jury by the end of the week.
Charlie Mike wrote: May 20th, 2024, 5:24 pm Defense will move for a directed verdict. It will be denied. Then defense will begin its case.
def_con5

Mostly I think they were trying to break him. The left believe he has an extremely fragile ego. That's why the testimony was so salacious and vulgar. They did the grab em by the pussy thing 3 times.
Vercingetorix wrote: May 20th, 2024, 5:28 pm I wonder if the case was brought simply to keep him from campaigning or was it a hail mary that the Trump team may have made an unforced error and pushed a conviction???

Or just get Stormy on the stand to talk about the encounter. Hoping the salacious would turn off his voters???
Mentat

Unread post by Mentat »

Vercingetorix wrote: May 20th, 2024, 5:28 pm I wonder if the case was brought simply to keep him from campaigning or was it a hail mary that the Trump team may have made an unforced error and pushed a conviction???

The first choice, it's the only reason, to keep him busy...
FOIA

Unread post by FOIA »

def_con5 wrote: May 20th, 2024, 6:12 pm Mostly I think they were trying to break him. The left believe he has an extremely fragile ego. That's why the testimony was so salacious and vulgar. They did the grab em by the pussy thing 3 times.
Or they were dumb enough to hang their hats on Cohen thinking Merchan could guide the trial. He's certainly tried.