Prime Rib for Thanksgiving

Moderators: Boadicea, Gamle-ged

oflguy

Re: Prime Rib for Thanksgiving

Unread post by oflguy »

Steelydamned wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 9:43 am You know, when I tell people I make bread or post a pic of a fresh loaf on FB, people are amazed like it's some kind of lost art or arcane skill that's too difficult to attempt.

But if you make it, you quickly understand it's pretty damn simple and I don't even need a recipe anymore and do it by the look and feel of the dough.

I've discovered all one needs to do is add pineapple juice and you have Hawaiian Sweet bread. Add a bunch of egg yolks and you have Challah Bread. I've made flat bread and fry bread too.

There's a bakery in New Orleans where just about every Poor Boy shop gets their bread and to this day, it's the best French Bread I've ever had.

Mine is quite good but, nothing like theirs and I'll be damned if I can duplicate it.
Obviously Leidenheimers
Steelydamned

Unread post by Steelydamned »

oflguy wrote: November 30th, 2022, 11:05 pm Obviously Leidenheimers
That's it. I can never remember the name.
oflguy

Unread post by oflguy »

Steelydamned wrote: December 1st, 2022, 7:13 am That's it. I can never remember the name.
Leidenheimers is French for bread (so the commercial says)
Cornfed

Unread post by Cornfed »

Steelydamned wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 9:43 am There's a bakery in New Orleans where just about every Poor Boy shop gets their bread and to this day, it's the best French Bread I've ever had.
The bread in 'Nawlins is remarkably awesome just about everywhere. I've always thought it might be an altitude thing (NO being below sea level)