No Bubble Here, Folks!

Moderators: Gamle-ged, Boadicea, uncledad

uncledad

No Bubble Here, Folks!

Unread post by uncledad »

Anyone see a bubble anywhere? This is short and sweet because the picture says it all: We’ve just seen the fastest, highest rocket ride in stocks in the history of the world! Because that makes sense during a time of global plague and global economic lockdowns, creating extreme labor shortages, resulting in extreme product and materials shortages because 10% of the labor force has quit for good or been fired under the Biden Mandates.

The present stock-market bubble makes the 1987 crash look like a pimple on the flank of the Himalayas! Anyone see where Mount Everest is in that picture? What could possibly go wrong??? But, hey, this is NOT a bubble created from Fed money laundering — uh, I mean printing, uh, I mean keystroking! If you believe that, you fully deserve everything that happens to you when the bubble bursts!

https://thegreatrecession.info/blog/no- ... ere-folks/
Vercingetorix

Re: No Bubble Here, Folks!

Unread post by Vercingetorix »

uncledad wrote: January 17th, 2022, 12:15 pm Image

Anyone see a bubble anywhere? This is short and sweet because the picture says it all: We’ve just seen the fastest, highest rocket ride in stocks in the history of the world! Because that makes sense during a time of global plague and global economic lockdowns, creating extreme labor shortages, resulting in extreme product and materials shortages because 10% of the labor force has quit for good or been fired under the Biden Mandates.

The present stock-market bubble makes the 1987 crash look like a pimple on the flank of the Himalayas! Anyone see where Mount Everest is in that picture? What could possibly go wrong??? But, hey, this is NOT a bubble created from Fed money laundering — uh, I mean printing, uh, I mean keystroking! If you believe that, you fully deserve everything that happens to you when the bubble bursts!

https://thegreatrecession.info/blog/no- ... ere-folks/
Part of the bubble is due to accelerated inflation. That part of things will generally not disappear unless there is a prolonged depression.
Gamle-ged

Unread post by Gamle-ged »

In October of last year I cut my market exposure to 10% and haven't touched it since. The market was about 35,600 then and went up to 1k higher for a while since then but it's now nearly 1k lower. I'm in cash, mostly...

R - 2022-01-21T164519.201.jpeg
R - 2022-01-21T164519.201.jpeg (184.3 KiB) Viewed 243 times
uncledad

Gamle-ged wrote: January 21st, 2022, 3:47 pm In October of last year I cut my market exposure to 10% and haven't touched it since. The market was about 35,600 then and went up to 1k higher for a while since then but it's now nearly 1k lower. I'm in cash, mostly...

R - 2022-01-21T164519.201.jpeg
This may be the opening act of the over due correction. A dose of the late 70's early 80's because why not. Back to back one term Presidents. Anti workingman Congress is about the same. Cold war footing on the up-sweep. Stock market wealth held by the powers that be, nothing new.
Gamle-ged

Unread post by Gamle-ged »

uncledad wrote: January 22nd, 2022, 2:36 pm This may be the opening act of the over due correction. A dose of the late 70's early 80's because why not. Back to back one term Presidents. Anti workingman Congress is about the same. Cold war footing on the up-sweep. Stock market wealth held by the powers that be, nothing new.
Bit Coin & etc. crypto currencies bite the big one:

"Bitcoin price falls sharply amid Wall Street selloff, with value cut in half since November"

The price of Bitcoin has fallen from its November highs of nearly $70,000 to now around $35,000. On Saturday, Bitcoin, the world’s largest cryptocurrency by market value, had fallen around 9 percent in just 24 hours. Since the start of the year, it has fallen around 23 percent. Meanwhile Ethereum, the second largest cryptocurrency, fared even worse, dropping around 15 percent over 24 hours and roughly 35 percent since the new year.

The sell-off accelerated a two-month slide in the global cryptocurrency market that has vaporized $1.4 trillion in value: After reaching a high of roughly $3 trillion in early November, the total value of digital assets sat just above $1.6 trillion early Saturday afternoon, according to CoinMarketcap.

Vocal supporters of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies suggest they have the potential to transform finance and are pushing for crypto to edge further into mainstream use as a store of value or a payment alternative. But many people are buying — and, increasingly selling — crypto as a speculative bet in hopes of turning a quick profit.

The latest crash is demonstrating the perils of the approach, just as millions of Americans have joined the digital gold rush in recent months.

Backers of Bitcoin in particular argue its value lies in its limited supply — the network behind it will only mint 21 million of the tokens — suggesting it should serve as safe place to park money amid times of high inflation. But prices are rising across the economy at their fastest clip in 40 years, putting the thesis under strain. To combat this, the Fed is preparing to raise interest rates, leading many investors to pull back.

“You’d think with the inflation we’re seeing, you’d see the opposite,” said Bob Fitzsimmons, the executive vice president for fixed income, commodities and stock lending at Wedbush Securities. “That’s been one of the selling points for Bitcoin, so its correlation to stock prices has surprised me.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets ... NewsSearch
uncledad

Gamle-ged wrote: January 22nd, 2022, 3:55 pm Bit Coin & etc. crypto currencies bite the big one:

"Bitcoin price falls sharply amid Wall Street selloff, with value cut in half since November"

The price of Bitcoin has fallen from its November highs of nearly $70,000 to now around $35,000. On Saturday, Bitcoin, the world’s largest cryptocurrency by market value, had fallen around 9 percent in just 24 hours. Since the start of the year, it has fallen around 23 percent. Meanwhile Ethereum, the second largest cryptocurrency, fared even worse, dropping around 15 percent over 24 hours and roughly 35 percent since the new year.

The sell-off accelerated a two-month slide in the global cryptocurrency market that has vaporized $1.4 trillion in value: After reaching a high of roughly $3 trillion in early November, the total value of digital assets sat just above $1.6 trillion early Saturday afternoon, according to CoinMarketcap.

Vocal supporters of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies suggest they have the potential to transform finance and are pushing for crypto to edge further into mainstream use as a store of value or a payment alternative. But many people are buying — and, increasingly selling — crypto as a speculative bet in hopes of turning a quick profit.

The latest crash is demonstrating the perils of the approach, just as millions of Americans have joined the digital gold rush in recent months.

Backers of Bitcoin in particular argue its value lies in its limited supply — the network behind it will only mint 21 million of the tokens — suggesting it should serve as safe place to park money amid times of high inflation. But prices are rising across the economy at their fastest clip in 40 years, putting the thesis under strain. To combat this, the Fed is preparing to raise interest rates, leading many investors to pull back.

“You’d think with the inflation we’re seeing, you’d see the opposite,” said Bob Fitzsimmons, the executive vice president for fixed income, commodities and stock lending at Wedbush Securities. “That’s been one of the selling points for Bitcoin, so its correlation to stock prices has surprised me.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets ... NewsSearch
Gadzooks!!! You discovered the solution to the national debt. Convert it into bitcoin and dissipate it into the ether.