monsignor

Constitutional Carry is the Future and Gun Control is the Past

Unread post by monsignor »

Baron

Re: Constitutional Carry is the Future and Gun Control is the Past

Unread post by Baron »

Monsignor,

Logic says Yes, but politics say Maybe.

The anti-gun mentality is embedded in the US media, and they never miss an opportunity to beat their drums. You never see "good gun news" in the media, but anything negative will lead the headlines for days. It must mean something that the loudest voices for "gun control" are, too often, those who have armed body guards. "Gun Control" is not about guns -- it's about Control.

Concealed carry permit holders have the (astronomically) lowest gun crime rates of any indentifiable group.

As an avid pro-gun guy, I recognize that we must never relax. The gun-grabbers never give up. Observe the apparent popularity of so-called "Red Flag Laws." (look it up) The Supreme Court has been avoiding meaningful gun cases, thanks to Chief Sissy Roberts. Having Amy Coney Barrett on the court should help.

I am, personally, of the "Cold dead hands" persuasion. I will never surrender my guns nor register my guns (at least not all of them).

Take care,
Baron

p.s.: There were guns in the house when I was born, and there will be guns in the house when I die.
monsignor

Unread post by monsignor »

Baron wrote: September 3rd, 2021, 2:54 pm "Gun Control" is not about guns -- it's about Control.
That is exactly why even though I don't own or use firearms (for self-defense I've always had other means), I"m a strong supporter of the Second Amendment.

They want to take away more than just guns.
Baron

Unread post by Baron »

monsignor wrote: September 3rd, 2021, 5:16 pm They want to take away more than just guns.
Monsignor,

In all my years of concealed carry, I have never actually pointed my gun at anybody. That can be an offense. I have shown it to a couple of guys and accomplished what the Hank Williams Jr. song calls an "Attitude Adjustment." I was sitting in traffic in my wife's car when this black guy came up and said, "Get outa the car!" I had seen him coming, so I had my pistol in hand. I just lifted it above the window ledge and said, "I don't think so." He disappeared like a cockroach when the lights come on.

Another time, I was putting gas in my car when I noticed a black guy veered off the sidewalk and started toward me. I let him come, and then said, "That's far enough." He said, "Give me some money, man," and pulled back his shirt to show me that he had a knife. I said, "I ain't gonna give you no money, man," and flipped back my jacket to show him I had a gun. He said, "Be cool, man," then resumed his path on the sidewalk and walked hurriedly away.

Now, neither of those is a "reportable incident," so they won't appear in anybody's statistics, but things like that happen every day.

re: "They want to take away more than just guns."

Hell, yes! They want to take away your liberty,

Take care,
Baron